1 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,
2. and lo, there came a great earthquake, for a messenger of the Lord, having come down out of heaven, having come, did roll away the stone from the door, and was sitting upon it,
3. and his countenance was as lightning, and his clothing white as snow,
4. and from the fear of him did the keepers shake, and they became as dead men.
5. And the messenger answering said to the women, `Fear not ye, for I have known that Jesus, who hath been crucified, ye seek;
6. he is not here, for he rose, as he said; come, see the place where the Lord was lying;
7. and having gone quickly, say ye to his disciples, that he rose from the dead; and lo, he doth go before you to Galilee, there ye shall see him; lo, I have told you.'
8. And having gone forth quickly from the tomb, with fear and great joy, they ran to tell to his disciples;
9. and as they were going to tell to his disciples, then lo, Jesus met them, saying, `Hail!' and they having come near, laid hold of his feet, and did bow to him.
10 Then saith Jesus to them, `Fear ye not, go away, tell to my brethren that they may go away to Galilee, and there they shall see me.'
11. And while they are going on, lo, certain of the watch having come to the city, told to the chief priests all the things that happened,
12. and having been gathered together with the elders, counsel also having taken, they gave much money to the soldiers,
13. saying, `Say ye, that his disciples having come by night, stole him -- we being asleep;
14. and if this be heard by the governor, we will persuade him, and you keep free from anxiety.'
15. And they, having received the money, did as they were taught, and this account was spread abroad among Jews till this day.
16. And the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mount where Jesus appointed them,
17. and having seen him, they bowed to him, but some did waver.
18. And having come near, Jesus spake to them, saying, `Given to me was all authority in heaven and on earth;
19. having gone, then, disciple all the nations, (baptizing them -- to the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
20. teaching them to observe all, whatever I did command you,) and lo, I am with you all the days -- till the full end of the age.'