1 Wherefore no longer forbearing, we thought good to be left in Athens alone,
2. and did send Timotheus -- our brother, and a ministrant of God, and our fellow-workman in the good news of the Christ -- to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith,
3. that no one be moved in these tribulations, for yourselves have known that for this we are set,
4. for even when we were with you, we said to you beforehand, that we are about to suffer tribulation, as also it did come to pass, and ye have known [it];
5. because of this also, I, no longer forbearing, did send to know your faith, lest he who is tempting did tempt you, and in vain might be our labour.
6. And now Timotheus having come unto us from you, and having declared good news to us of your faith and love, and that ye have a good remembrance of us always, desiring much to see us, as we also [to see] you,
7. because of this we were comforted, brethren, over you, in all our tribulation and necessity, through your faith,
8. because now we live, if ye may stand fast in the Lord;
9. for what thanks are we able to recompense to God for you, for all the joy with which we do joy because of you in the presence of our God?
10 night and day exceedingly beseeching, that we might see your face, and perfect the things lacking in your faith.
11. And our God and Father Himself, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you,
12. and you the Lord cause to increase and to abound in the love to one another, and to all, even as we also to you,
13. to the establishing your hearts blameless in sanctification before our God and Father, in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.