1 The Elder to the choice Kyria, and to her children, whom I love in truth, and not I only, but also all those having known the truth,
2. because of the truth that is remaining in us, and with us shall be to the age,
3. there shall be with you grace, kindness, peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4. I rejoiced exceedingly that I have found of thy children walking in truth, even as a command we did receive from the Father;
5. and now I beseech thee, Kyria, not as writing to thee a new command, but which we had from the beginning, that we may love one another,
6. and this is the love, that we may walk according to His commands; this is the command, even as ye did hear from the beginning, that in it ye may walk,
7. because many leading astray did enter into the world, who are not confessing Jesus Christ coming in flesh; this one is he who is leading astray, and the antichrist.
8. See to yourselves that ye may not lose the things that we wrought, but a full reward may receive;
9. every one who is transgressing, and is not remaining in the teaching of the Christ, hath not God; he who is remaining in the teaching of the Christ, this one hath both the Father and the Son;
10 if any one doth come unto you, and this teaching doth not bear, receive him not into the house, and say not to him, `Hail!'
11. for he who is saying to him, `Hail,' hath fellowship with his evil works.
12. Many things having to write to you, I did not intend through paper and ink, but I hope to come unto you, and speak mouth to mouth, that our joy may be full;
13. salute thee do the children of thy choice sister. Amen.