1 And I saw a messenger coming down out of the heaven, having the key of the abyss, and a great chain over his hand,
2. and he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, who is Devil and Adversary, and did bind him a thousand years,
3. and he cast him to the abyss, and did shut him up, and put a seal upon him, that he may not lead astray the nations any more, till the thousand years may be finished; and after these it behoveth him to be loosed a little time.
4. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given to them, and the souls of those who have been beheaded because of the testimony of Jesus, and because of the word of God, and who did not bow before the beast, nor his image, and did not receive the mark upon their forehead and upon their hand, and they did live and reign with Christ the thousand years;
5. and the rest of the dead did not live again till the thousand years may be finished; this [is] the first rising again.
6. Happy and holy [is] he who is having part in the first rising again; over these the second death hath not authority, but they shall be priests of God and of the Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7. And when the thousand years may be finished, the Adversary shall be loosed out of his prison,
8. and he shall go forth to lead the nations astray, that are in the four corners of the earth -- Gog and Magog -- to gather them together to war, of whom the number [is] as the sand of the sea;
9. and they did go up over the breadth of the land, and did surround the camp of the saints, and the beloved city, and there came down fire from God out of the heaven, and devoured them;
10 and the Devil, who is leading them astray, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where [are] the beast and the false prophet, and they shall be tormented day and night -- to the ages of the ages.
11. And I saw a great white throne, and Him who is sitting upon it, from whose face the earth and the heaven did flee away, and place was not found for them;
12. and I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened, and another scroll was opened, which is that of the life, and the dead were judged out of the things written in the scrolls -- according to their works;
13. and the sea did give up those dead in it, and the death and the hades did give up the dead in them, and they were judged, each one according to their works;
14. and the death and the hades were cast to the lake of the fire -- this [is] the second death;
15. and if any one was not found written in the scroll of the life, he was cast to the lake of the fire.