1. And these are the kings of the land, whom the children of Israel smote, and of whose land they took possession across the Jordan, toward the sun-rising, from the river Arnon to mount Hermon, and all the plain on the east:
2. Sihon the king of the Amorites, who dwelt at Heshbon, [and] ruled from Aroer, which is upon the bank of the river Arnon, and from the middle of the ravine, and over half Gilead, as far as the river Jabbok, [which is] the border of the children of Ammon;
3. and the plain as far as the sea of Chinneroth on the east, and as far as the sea of the plain, the salt sea, on the east, toward Beth-jeshimoth; and on the south, under the slopes of Pisgah;
4. and the territory of Og the king of Bashan, of the residue of the giants, who dwelt at Ashtaroth and at Edrei,
5. and ruled over mount Hermon, and over Salcah, and over all Bashan, as far as the border of the Geshurites and the Maachathites, and [over] half Gilead [as far as] the border of Sihon the king of Heshbon.
6. Moses the servant of Jehovah and the children of Israel smote them, and Moses the servant of Jehovah gave it for a possession to the Reubenites, and to the Gadites, and to half the tribe of Manasseh.
7. And these are the kings of the land whom Joshua and the children of Israel smote on this side the Jordan on the west, from Baal-Gad in the valley of Lebanon as far as the smooth mountain, which rises toward Seir. And Joshua gave it to the tribes of Israel for a possession according to their divisions,
8. in the mountain, and in the lowland, and in the plain, and on the hill-slopes, and in the wilderness, and in the south: the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites:
9. The king of Jericho, one; the king of Ai, which is beside Bethel, one;
10. the king of Jerusalem, one; the king of Hebron, one;
11. the king of Jarmuth, one; the king of Lachish, one;
12. the king of Eglon, one; the king of Gezer, one;
13. the king of Debir, one; the king of Geder, one;
14. the king of Hormah, one; the king of Arad, one;
15. the king of Libnah, one; the king of Adullam, one;
16. the king of Makkedah, one; the king of Bethel, one;
17. the king of Tappuah, one; the king of Hepher, one;
18. the king of Aphek, one; the king of Lasharon, one;
19. the king of Madon, one; the king of Hazor, one;
20. the king of Shimron-meron, one; the king of Achshaph, one;
21. the king of Taanach, one; the king of Megiddo, one;
22. the king of Kedesh, one; the king of Jokneam on Carmel, one;
23. the king of Dor in the upland of Dor, one; the king of Goim, at Gilgal, one;
24. the king of Tirzah, one: all the kings thirty and one.