1. And there was a man of mount Ephraim, whose name was Micah.
2. And he said to his mother, The eleven hundred silver-pieces that were taken from thee, and about which thou didst curse and speak of in mine ears, behold, the silver is with me; I took it. And his mother said, Blessed be my son of Jehovah!
3. And he restored the eleven hundred silver-pieces to his mother; and his mother said, I had dedicated the silver to Jehovah from my hand for my son, to make a graven image and a molten image; and now I will restore it to thee.
4. Now he restored the silver to his mother; and his mother took two hundred silver-pieces and gave them to the founder, and he made of them a graven image and a molten image; and they were in the house of Micah.
5. And the man Micah had a house of gods, and made an ephod and teraphim, and consecrated one of his sons, who became his priest.
6. In those days there was no king in Israel; every man did what was right in his own eyes.
7. And there was a young man out of Bethlehem-Judah of the family of Judah, who was a Levite, and he sojourned there.
8. And the man departed from the city, from Bethlehem-Judah, to sojourn where he might find [a place]. And as he journeyed, he came to mount Ephraim, to the house of Micah.
9. And Micah said to him, Whence comest thou? And he said to him, I am a Levite of Bethlehem-Judah, and I go to sojourn where I may find [a place].
10. And Micah said to him, Dwell with me, and be to me a father and a priest, and I will give thee yearly ten silver-pieces, and a suit of garments, and thy victuals. And the Levite went in.
11. And the Levite was content to dwell with the man; and the young man was to him as one of his sons.
12. And Micah consecrated the Levite; and the young man became his priest, and was in the house of Micah.
13. Then said Micah, Now I know that Jehovah will do me good, because I have the Levite for priest.