1 And Job answered and said,
2. How hast thou helped the powerless; how saved the arm that is without strength!
3. How hast thou counselled him that hath no wisdom, and abundantly declared the thing as it is!
4. For whom hast thou uttered words? and whose spirit came from thee?
5. The shades tremble beneath the waters and the inhabitants thereof;
6. Sheol is naked before him, and destruction hath no covering.
7. He stretcheth out the north over empty space, he hangeth the earth upon nothing;
8. He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds, and the cloud is not rent under them.
9. He covereth the face of his throne, he spreadeth his cloud upon it.
10 He hath traced a fixed circle over the waters, unto the confines of light and darkness.
11. The pillars of the heavens tremble and are astonished at his rebuke.
12. He stirreth up the sea by his power, and by his understanding he smiteth through Rahab.
13. By his Spirit the heavens are adorned; his hand hath formed the fleeing serpent.
14. Lo, these are the borders of his ways; but what a whisper of a word do we hear of him! And the thunder of his power, who can understand?