1 Moreover Elihu answered and said,
2. Thinkest thou this to be right, that thou saidst, My righteousness is more than łGod's?
3. For thou hast asked of what profit it is unto thee: what do I gain more than if I had sinned?
4. I will reply to thee in words, and to thy companions with thee.
5. Look unto the heavens and see; and survey the skies: they are higher than thou.
6. If thou sinnest, what doest thou against him? If thy transgressions be multiplied, what doest thou unto him?
7. If thou be righteous, what givest thou to him? or what doth he receive of thy hand?
8. Thy wickedness [may affect] a man as thou [art], and thy righteousness a son of man.
9. By reason of the multitude of oppressions they cry; they cry out by reason of the arm of the mighty:
10 But none saith, Where is +God my Maker, who giveth songs in the night,
11. Who teacheth us more than the beasts of the earth, and maketh us wiser than the fowl of the heavens?
12. There they cry, and he answereth not, because of the pride of evil men.
13. Surely łGod will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.
14. Although thou sayest thou dost not see him, judgment is before him, therefore wait for him.
15. But now, because he hath not visited in his anger, doth not [Job] know [his] great arrogancy?
16. For Job hath opened his mouth in vanity, and made words abundant without knowledge.