1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the wicked, and standeth not in the way of sinners, and sitteth not in the seat of scorners;
2. But his delight is in Jehovah's law, and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
3. And he [is] as a tree planted by brooks of water, which giveth its fruit in its season, and whose leaf fadeth not; and all that he doeth prospereth.
4. The wicked are not so; but are as the chaff which the wind driveth away.
5. Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
6. For Jehovah knoweth the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish.