1 Not unto us, O Jehovah, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy loving-kindness and for thy truth's sake.
2. Wherefore should the nations say, Where then is their God?
3. But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he pleased.
4. Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands:
5. They have a mouth, and they speak not; eyes have they, and they see not;
6. They have ears, and they hear not; a nose have they, and they smell not;
7. They have hands, and they handle not; feet have they, and they walk not; they give no sound through their throat.
8. They that make them are like unto them, -- every one that confideth in them.
9. O Israel, confide thou in Jehovah: he is their help and their shield.
10 House of Aaron, confide in Jehovah: he is their help and their shield.
11. Ye that fear Jehovah, confide in Jehovah: he is their help and their shield.
12. Jehovah hath been mindful of us: he will bless, he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron;
13. He will bless them that fear Jehovah, both the small and the great.
14. Jehovah will add unto you more, unto you and unto your children.
15. Ye are blessed of Jehovah, who made the heavens and the earth.
16. The heavens are the heavens of Jehovah, but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
17. The dead praise not Jah, neither any that go down into silence;
18. But *we* will bless Jah from this time forth and for evermore. Hallelujah!