1 O łGod of vengeances, Jehovah, łGod of vengeances, shine forth;
2. Lift up thyself, thou judge of the earth, render the reward to the proud.
3. How long shall the wicked, O Jehovah, how long shall the wicked triumph?
4. [How long] shall they utter [and] speak insolence -- all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?
5. They crush thy people, O Jehovah, and afflict thine inheritance;
6. They slay the widow and the stranger, and murder the fatherless,
7. And say, Jah will not see, neither will the God of Jacob regard [it].
8. Understand, ye brutish among the people; and ye fools, when will ye be wise?
9. He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? He that formed the eye, shall he not see?
10 He that instructeth the nations, shall not he correct -- he that teacheth man knowledge?
11. Jehovah knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.
12. Blessed is the man whom thou chastenest, O Jah, and whom thou teachest out of thy law;
13. That thou mayest give him rest from the days of evil, until the pit be digged for the wicked.
14. For Jehovah will not cast off his people, neither will he forsake his inheritance;
15. For judgment shall return unto righteousness, and all the upright in heart shall follow it.
16. Who will rise up for me against the evil-doers? who will stand for me against the workers of iniquity?
17. If Jehovah had not been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
18. When I said, My foot slippeth, thy loving-kindness, O Jehovah, held me up.
19. In the multitude of my anxious thoughts within me thy comforts have delighted my soul.
20. Shall the throne of wickedness be united to thee, which frameth mischief into a law?
21. They band together against the soul of the righteous, and condemn innocent blood.
22. But Jehovah will be my high tower; and my God the rock of my refuge.
23. And he will bring upon them their iniquity, and will cut them off in their own evil: Jehovah our God will cut them off.