1 Hear this, ye priests; and hearken, ye house of Israel; and give ear, O house of the king: for this judgment is for you; for ye have been a snare at Mizpah, and a net spread upon Tabor.
2. And they have plunged themselves in the corruption of apostasy, but I will be a chastiser of them all.
3. I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me; for now, Ephraim, thou hast committed whoredom; Israel is defiled.
4. Their doings do not allow them to return unto their God; for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they know not Jehovah.
5. And Israel's pride doth testify to his face; and Israel and Ephraim shall fall by their iniquity: Judah also shall fall with them.
6. They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek Jehovah; but they shall not find [him]: he hath withdrawn himself from them.
7. They have dealt treacherously against Jehovah; for they have begotten strange children: now shall the new moon devour them, with their allotted possessions.
8. Blow the horn in Gibeah, the trumpet in Ramah; cry aloud [at] Beth-aven: behind thee, O Benjamin!
9. Ephraim shall be a desolation in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel have I made known that which is sure.
10 The princes of Judah are become like them that remove the landmark: I will pour out my wrath upon them like water.
11. Ephraim is oppressed, crushed in judgment, because in selfwill he walked after the commandment [of man].
12. And I will be unto Ephraim as a moth, and to the house of Judah as rottenness.
13. When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah his sore, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb; but he was unable to heal you, nor hath he removed your sore.
14. For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah. I, I will tear and go away; I will carry off, and there shall be none to deliver.
15. I will go away, I will return to my place, till they acknowledge their trespass, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.