1 Come and let us return unto Jehovah: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2. After two days will he revive us; on the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live before his face;
3. and we shall know, -- we shall follow on to know Jehovah: his going forth is assured as the morning dawn; and he will come unto us as the rain, as the latter rain which watereth the earth.
4. What shall I do unto thee, Ephraim? What shall I do unto thee, Judah? For your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the dew that early passeth away.
5. Therefore have I hewed [them] by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth: and my judgment goeth forth as the light.
6. For I delight in loving-kindness, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt-offerings.
7. But they like Adam have transgressed the covenant: there have they dealt treacherously against me.
8. Gilead is a city of them that work iniquity; it is tracked with blood.
9. And as troops of robbers lie in wait for a man, so the company of priests murder in the way of Shechem; yea, they commit lewdness.
10 In the house of Israel have I seen a horrible thing: the whoredom of Ephraim is there; Israel is defiled.
11. Also, for thee, Judah, is a harvest appointed, when I shall turn again the captivity of my people.